Over thousands of years the waterfall has eroded its crest and slowly moved upstream. It currently appears to be two waterfalls most of the time but when the river is swollen due to summer rains can form one fall again. Story of Ban Gioc water fall, Ba Be lake, Pac bo caves are 3 legends in Vietnam.
– A/C transfer
– All meals mentioned above
– English speaking guide
– Entrance fees
– Boat trip in Ba Be
– Bamboo rafting in Ba Be Lake
– Home-stay & hotel.
– Immigration fee (in Ban Gioc waterfall)
– Tips, personal expense, drinks.
– Anything not explicitly mentioned above is not included in the price
What to bring
– Hat or umbrella,
– Sun cream,
DAY 1: HA NOI – BA BE LAKE (230km)
- 07h00: Departure from Hanoi to Ba Be National Park.
- 12h00: Lunch in a local restaurant in Cho Ra Town.
- 14h30: Arrival at Buoc Lom Wharf. Boat-trip along the Nang River to Ba Be Lake, one of 20 biggest fresh lakes on the mountain in the world.
- 15h00: Stop at Puong cave which is famous with thousand of bats
- 16h00: Visit to An Ma Temple to know more religions and beliefs in Vietnam.
- 17h00: Swim in fresh water and enjoy the bamboo rafting near Ba Goa Islet
- 18h00: Trekking to your homestay (1km) in Pac Ngoi village, a small village of Tay people. Check in the Ba Be Lake View homestay
- 19h00: Dinner and traditional Tay musical performance (excluded). You can share the show with other tourists.
- 21h00: Overnight at homestay of Tay people’ traditional house-on-stilt.
Included: Lunch, dinner.
DAY 2: BA BE LAKE – BAN GIOC WATERFALL – CAO BANG (300km)
- 07h00: Departure for Cao Bang.
- 12h30: Lunch in a local restaurant in Quang Uyen town
- 14h00: Visit to the Ban Gioc Waterfall, the 4th largest waterfall along a national border
- 15h00: Visit to the Nguom Ngao Cave (Tiger cave).
- 16h00: Return to Cao Bang city. Stay in Huong Sen / Thanh Loan hotel (3*)
Included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
DAY 3: CAO BANG – PAC BO – HA NOI (400km)
- 07h00: Check-out and start to visit Pac Bo Cave *, where President Ho Chi Minh came back to Vietnam after 30 years abroad. Visit to Pac Bo Cave, Lenin river, Karl Marx mountain, stone table..
- 12h00: Have lunch in a local restaurant on the way to come back to Ha Noi (via Road 3)
- 19h00: Arrival in Hanoi. The tour ends
Included: Breakfast, lunch
In Vietnamese, the two falls are considered as two parts of one waterfall with the sole name Bản Giốc. The two parts are thác chính (Main waterfall) and thác phụ (Subordinate waterfall). Chinese texts sometimes name both falls from the Détiān falls on the Chinese side.
The waterfall drops 30 m (98 ft). It is separated into three falls by rocks and trees, and the thundering effect of the water hitting the cliffs can be heard from afar.
If you concern about Vietnam Tours, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!